Pages

Friday, July 15, 2011

The Paleon Project

The Paleon Musuem is a small dinosaur museum in Glen Rock, Wyoming, about a 2 and a half hour drive from where I live. I am going to start volunteering my time there. Whether I do it once a week, once every two weeks or once a month remains to be worked out (assuming I'm accepted as a volunteer, I haven't approached anyone in authority yet - I'm just saying I want to volunteer there.)

The Paleon Museum does restoration work on bones for Robert Bakker, and all the restorers are elderly women. Bakker calls them the "Bone Biddies". There's apparently a documentary about them that aired on PBS a few years ago - I'll have to find it.

In addition to the Paleon Museum, just about twenty minutes further up the road in Casper is the Tate Museum - which yesterday received shipment of a block of ....whatever they wrap dinosaur bones in these days - inside which are T-rex bones. So I'll be going up there frequently as well.

So - lots of current news from me should be coming in this blog in the days, weeks, months and years ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment